The Payroll Protection Program (PPP) was initially signed into law on March 27 as part of the CARES Act. The language in the legislation left many more questions than answers and has made it very challenging for companies to decide how to make best use of the funds obtained. On Friday, June 5 the Payroll Protection Program Flexibility Act was signed into law to make adjustments to the original legislation. But like in the case of the original law, this federal legislation also creates confusion and questions.
Today’s program will review all aspects of the PPP with Tim Heffernan of T3 Expo who was directly involved in the crafting of the legislation and who has much of the inside information as to what updates and changes may be in store.
Some probable questions are:
- What specific changes have been made to PPP with the Flexibility Act
- What are the next changes and/or clarifications under consideration?
- Any additional info on the Safe Harbor provision?
- Any chance that those who’ve already received loans can re-apply for another round?
- Can you tell us about the status of PRIA (Pandemic Risk Insurance Act) covering business interruption and event cancellation?
On Friday, June 19 our panel will include:
- Tim Heffernan, CDO, T3 Expo
- Chris Griffin, President/CEO, CREW XP
- Colleen Johnson, Corporate VP, Sho-Link