COVID-19 has paralyzed the exhibits and events industry and, as a result, has no only put our industry’s venues on hold but converted many to field hospitals. While the social distancing and shelter at home programs have succeeded in safe-guarding the ability of our healthcare system to care for those infected and reduced the need for maintaining the field hospitals capacities there are still many questions to resolve about when will these venues re-open for events.
Some probable questions are:
- If your venue was converted to field hospital how did that process unfold with the Army Corps of Engineers?
- If your venue was converted to field hospital when do you anticipate it being returned to show ready status?
- What guidelines have been set by your state, county, or city regarding the resumption of mass gatherings?
- What safety protocols will be used once events are resumed?
- What is your forecast for the events industry?
- When is the next event you believe will be held in your venue?
- Have any postponed events circled back with you about re-scheduling in 2020?
Hosted by Jim Wurm, Executive Director
- Christine McMahon, SVP Human Resources & Labor, Jacob Javits CC
- David Causton, General Mgr, McCormick Place
- Steve Patterson, , Sr. Mgr. Convention Svcs., Las Vegas Convention Center