CBA Renewal Update. As mentioned in last month’s Buzz, 2022 will see a number of collective bargaining agreements that are up for renewal and the EACA is supporting our members by communicating renewal and negotiation dates and by organizing member caucus groups.
- Negotiations have already begun in Boston and are scheduled to conclude by the end of March.
- Las Vegas contract negotiations are schedule to begin on May 1. If you want to be in the loop on Las Vegas negotiations by participating in a call to discuss contract issues there send an email to Jim Wurm at [email protected]. The first call of the EAC CBA caucus is scheduled for the first week of April.
- Boston Chapter Zoom April, date TBD
- Chicago Chapter Zoom July, date TBD
- Las Vegas Chapter Zoom May, date TBD
- SF Bay Area Chapter Zoom April, date TBD
EAC Registration Schedule. EACA is supporting the following events with our EAC registration services:
- Channel Partners April 11-14 Las Vegas/Sands CC
- Support World Live May 17-19 Las Vegas/MGM
- Summer Fancy Foods June 12-14 New York
- Biotechnology Conf. June 13-16 San Diego
EACA Member News
Sebastian Thevenin Joins Willwork as AE in Las Vegas <Exhibit City News> After a successful career in event marketing in his native country of France, Sebastien Thevenin decided to move to the United States in 2015 to challenge himself even further. In Las Vegas, his expertise has been in high-end events and experiences. He collaborated with a tradeshow display company to open a full-production facility in town, scaling their international business model to the specific needs of the US market. This year, he has wowed multiple clients with Willwork service at CES, Fancy Food, NRF and NPEW.
TSA Mask Mandate in Effect Until April 18. The Transportation Security Administration is extending the mask mandate on public transportation until April 18, according to a White House official and a TSA official.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will work with government agencies to help inform a revised policy framework for when the mask rules can be lifted during this time, said the White House official. The requirement was set to expire on March 18 after having been extended twice before.
EDPA to Host ENGAGE 2022 <Exhibit City News> ENGAGE2022, the Experiential Designers and Producers Association’s (EDPA) midyear event, is on track for June 2022. Taking advantage of the audience attending ExhibitorLive’s 2022 (EXL) June event, ENGAGE2022 is scheduled for June 19 (the day before EXL opens) in Las Vegas at AREA15. “Experiential” will be the keyword for ENGAGE2022.
The keynote speaker, Michael Beneville, is the chief creative officer at AREA15 and the founder and chief executive officer of Beneville Studios. He is the force behind AREA15’s fusion of culture, entertainment, art and retail. He will share his insights into event and experience design.
SHOT Show is Largest to Date <TSNN> The 2022 Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show(SHOT Show), owned and operated by the National Sports Shooting Foundation (NSSF) made a strong return to Las Vegas, drawing more than 2,400 exhibitors and more than 43,000 attendees from 100 countries and featuring its largest floor plan in history.
Dallas Greenlights Plan for New Convention Center <TSNN> The city of Dallas, Texas, will soon have the ability to attract even larger trade shows and other events to its destination. According to Visit Dallas officials, the Dallas city council approved plans last month for a new 2.5-million-square-foot convention center that will be constructed adjacent to the current Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center Dallas(KBHCCD). Once construction is complete, all or most of the KBHCCD will then be demolished.
Events Industry Organizations Condemn Russia <Northstar Meetings Group> A number of conference and trade show industry organizations have issued strong public statements and suspended relations with Russia.
Among those to speak out are:
- IAEE – it suspended both the membership of Moscow’s Expo Centre and IAEE’s reciprocity agreement with the Russian Union of Exhibitions and Fairs.
- IMEX in Franfort – quickly suspended Russian exhibitors from its 2022 gathering just days after the invasion began.
- Int’l Congress & Convention Assn. – announced in a statement to its members that all planned activities and events in Russia would be cancelled. In addition, Russian members will not be allowed to attend any ICCA events until further notice.
- Destinations Int’l – immediately terminated the membership of the Saint Petersburg Convention Bureau, its only Russia-based member.
- SISO – suspended Russian members from all access to SISO events and activities. The society has also launched a fundraising campaign to support humanitarian efforts in Ukraine.