The EACA will be conducting a live webinar on Friday, January 22, at 1pm ET, 12pm CT, and 10am PT, to discuss Venue Plans for 2021 with our panel of esteemed Facility Management.
COVID-19 has paralyzed the exhibits and events industry since last March and has almost completely restricted our industry’s venues from hosting events. With few exceptions, the dictates of statewide lockdowns prevent any “mass gatherings” in our convention facilities for more than 50 people, while grocery outlets like Costco routinely welcome hundreds of people at a time. Several “demonstration events” have been held in the last 6 months to show the powers that be that events can be held safely and responsibly but it’s evident that the appetite to take the wraps off our facilities is not yet there – particularly when the issue of liability protections has not been legislated and is unsettled.
To that end we will be hosting a conversation on this topic with the following panel:
- Mark Tester, Executive Director, Orange County Convention Center, Orlando
- Anthony Lopez, General Mgr, Dallas Convention Center
- Steve Patterson, Sr. Mgr. Convention Svcs., Las Vegas Convention Center
Probable talking points include:
- What are the current edicts set by your state, county, or city regarding the resumption of mass gatherings?
- What safety protocols will be used once events are resumed?
- What is your forecast for your event schedule in 2021? The events industry in 2021?
- What internal discussions, if any, have you had about the need for liability protection?
Hosted by Jim Wurm, Executive Director
Click here at the scheduled time to attend this webinar which will be live-streamed on Zoom. Seating is limited to the first 100 attendees.
If you are not able to attend live this program will be recorded and posted to the EACA website on our Webcast page.