See you at the 27th Annual RSMGC. The Atlanta Randy is back this year on September 27 at Berkeley Hills Country Club to support our friends and families in the exhibition industry who have suffered severe tragedies or face insurmountable medical expenses. Now more than ever we are looking forward to getting our community back together in support of this great cause.
EAC Registration Show Schedule EACA has been supporting major trade show organizers and associations for the past 20 plus years for the vetting and credentialing of EACs that require access to the showfloor to service their clients. Here is a short list of upcoming shows that we will be servicing.
- Enterprise Connect Sept. 27-29 Gaylord Palms Orlando
- Pack Expo Las Vegas Sept. 27-29 Las Vegas CC Las Vegas
- IWCE Sept. 29-30 Las Vegas CC Las Vegas
EACA Member News
Eagle Management Adds Roemer as Co-City Manager of Philly/AC. Eagle Management recently announced that it has hired Scott Roemer as their new Co-City Manager of Phildelphia and Atlantic City. Roemer brings more than 13 years of trade show industry experience with a custom exhibit house where he was a traveling supervisor and eventually ran the company’s warehouse.
Safety Protocols for Upcoming Shows/Facilities. The EACA has been tracking safety protocols from venues and show organizers for upcoming events. All members PLEASE TAKE NOTE.
- NAB is Canelled. (Las Vegas) has announced that due to the Delta variant and the loss of several sponsors that the show ins cancelled. This is the second year in a row the group has had to cancel its main gathering. Two co-located events, the Radio Show, and the Sales and Management Television Exchange, also were cancelled. Parts of the 2021 NAB Show will be available virtually. The 2022 NAB Show will be held in Las Vegas April 23-27.
- Jacob Javits CC (New York) has announced that effective September 1 through October 14 anyone working at the facility will be required to present proof of vaccination or present proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours. Proof of a negative test will be required every 7 days. Effective October 15 all will be required to show proof of vaccination.
- San Francisco Facilities Effective Aug. 20, attendees of public and private indoor events with 1,000 people or more must show proof of full vaccination prior to entry. There will be a limited exception for events happening before Sept. 15, with tickets sold prior to Aug. 12. These gatherings can accept proof of a negative Covid-19 test result in place of full vaccination.Proof of vaccination will also be required at San Francisco bars, restaurants, clubs and gyms, starting Aug. 20. The requirement will go into effect for staff members of such venues on Oct. 13.
- Grocery Shop (Las Vegas) requires all attendees, sponsors, staff and vendors at the event to either show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test taken within 48 hours of arrival and we have a quick and easy way for you to do so!If you are vaccinated, click here to complete your Health Screening Form.If you are not vaccinated, Groceryshop requires negative test results dated September 16th or later.
- IWCE 2021 (Las Vegas) announced that in accordance with the State of Nevada’s Emergency Directive 045 masks are required for all individuals within the event venue for IWCE 2021. This includes as EAC labor and booth staff during move-in. Please note that IWCE Staff will be monitoring and addressing the mask requirement with all labor & staff on the show floor. Anyone not following the mask requirement will be given a verbal warning. A second warning may result in the individual being permanently removed from the show floor.
- AACC (Atlanta) has announced that anyone working the event must have proof of vaccination and a negative COVID test. If for some reason the staff member is not able to be vaccinated for medical reasons, a note from their doctor stating such will be accepted in lieu of a vaccination card. This information will have to be supplied the first day they arrive onsite.
- ACE Hardware (Orlando) has announced that all EACs must should register your labor to get exhibitor badges and they will need to validate their vaccination status or provide a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival.
- InfoComm 2021 (Orlando) will now require masks to be worn by all participants including attendees, exhibitors, vendors, and AVIXA staff regardless of COVID‑19 vaccination status. We have reinstituted a six‑foot social distancing guideline across the show including the exhibit hall, meeting rooms, and education sessions. We are also evaluating on‑site testing, vaccine validation, as well as other safety and precautionary measures.
- IPW 2021 (Las Vegas) announced a vaccine/negative test requirement as part of our COVID-19 safety measures. This applies to all IPW delegates, vendors and contractors. Please review the attached announcement or visit this page for instructions on how to upload your vaccine information or negative test result prior to arriving to the LVCC. It is important that you share this information with all of your staff coming to IPW.
- Medical Practice Leaders Conference (San Diego) will require full COVID-19 vaccination; including attendees, suppliers, speakers, exhibitors and, sponsors. Un-vaccinated attendees will not be allowed access to the event.
- CES 2022 (Las Vegas) will require in-person attendees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to participate in the live event, set for Jan. 5-8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center
SBA Enhances EIDL Program. Administrator Isabel Casillas Guzman recently announced the following enhancements to the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program:
- COVID EIDL cap has been increased from $500k to $2 million.
- Deferring repayment to begin 2 years after loan origination.
- 30 day exclusivity window for loans of $500k or less
- Expansion on eligible use of funds to include commercial debt and repayment of federal business debt.
Eligible small businesses, nonprofits and agricultural businesses in all US states and territories can apply. Visit www.sba.gov/eidl
Registration Open for EDPA ACCESS 2021. November 30th – December 2nd at the Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood, Florida.
The ACCESS 2021 agenda includes an exciting line-up of speakers including: comedian & author – Greg Schwem, small business expert – Gina Schaefer, creative innovator and author – Greg Moyer, workforce consultant – Jeff Butler, and more!
ASAE Pulls Off First Full Hybrid Event <TSNN> With the theme “Let’s Go UP,” the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) took hybrid to new heights for its 2021 Annual Meeting, held Aug. 13-18. Nearly 3,200 association professionals and industry partners gathered virtually through the Intrado platform and in-person through innovative Pop-UPs around the country to exchange knowledge, tap into new possibilities, explore ground-breaking strategies and learn from inspiring leaders.
Lauren Wheeler Joins Team Worldwide Atlanta. <Exhibit City News> Team Worldwide, a Texas-based freight and logistics company has announced Lauren Wheeler as its new national account executive. Team Worldwide delivers global supply-chain solutions, tailored to each client’s unique shipping needs.
ASM Global Promotes Key Staff. <Exhibit City News> ASM Global, a global leader in venue and event strategy and management, has announced the promotions of Mary Ann Torres, Dominique Bonds, Dwight Bazemore and Melvin Smith at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.