RSNA to Require Vaccinations for All. As we have for the past 17 years the EACA will once again be servicing RSNA with our EAC registration service. Due to the pandemic, and particularly the onset of the Delta variant, there is a significant change for all show floor workers who are servicing exhibitors at the show.
- RSNA will require proof of vaccination from all meeting attendees, RSNA staff, exhibitor personnel, contractors, and labor prior to the meeting or upon admittance to McCormick Place. Acceptable vaccines are those with U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO) approval or emergency use authorization. Additionally, face masks will be required in all public indoor spaces.
- All EACs agree to verify its labor and supervisor(s) vaccination status (that meets the RSNA health and safety requirements) in advance of assigning the team member to work onsite at RSNA 2021. Upon request, individual labor and supervisors must provide proof of vaccination.
- All workers who require access to the show floor during show days will need to go through the RSNA registration process and each individual will need to pick up their show badge at registration. Approved EACs will be sent an email with a link to the online registration portal.
WEFTEC and McCormick Place Access Requirements for 2021. WEFTEC and McCormick Place have established the following safety protocols for this year’s show.
- WEFTEC will require all staff, exhibitors, exhibiting staff, contractors, and labor to wear masks at all times while at WEFTEC (including move-in and move-out). McCormick Place has an indoor mask mandate.
- Proof of Vaccine or Negative Covid Test Required: All WEF attendees, including booth personnel, are required to provide proof of vaccine or proof of negative covid test. EAC staff must also follow this requirement and follow our advance or onsite verification process with Safe Expo as outlined below BEFORE collecting credentials.
- Each individual will need to collect their own wristbands at the entrance to South Hall A from the Grand Concourse. each individual must follow the verification protocol in order to collect their own credential. It is critical that EACs communicate instructions to anyone who will show up to work at the event.
- Option 1. Provide Proof of Full Vaccination Onsite.
- Onsite – Bring your proof of vaccination to a Safe Expo onsite verification station (available October 13 through October 20)
- Option 2. Provide Proof of Negative Test Onsite.
- Test results must be obtained within 48-hours of arriving at registration to pick up your badge
- Rapid Antigen or Rapid Molecular (PCR) test results generated from an official medical agency/clinic are acceptable.
- Photo ID is required for Safe Expo onsite verification.
The ACCESS 2021 agenda includes an exciting line-up of speakers including: comedian & author – Greg Schwem, small business expert – Gina Schaefer, creative innovator and author – Greg Moyer, workforce consultant – Jeff Butler, and more!
EACA Member News
Eagle Management Adds Industry Veterans in Las Vegas. Eagle Management Group has brought on Gary Oden as a veteran lead and Ronda Oden as new business development associate, to enhance both its Operations and Sales teams.
Working in the industry since 1982, Gary brings a wealth of labor management, project management and show floor experience to the Eagle team. During his career Gary has held the positions of Leadman, Assistant City Manager, City Manager, General Manager, as well as floor supervisor.
As an Account Executive for Eagle, Ronda Oden will be responsible for new business development. She brings 25 years of trade show industry experience to include Office Manager, Operations Manager, and Account Executive.
Menjivar Joins Momentum in Las Vegas. Momentum Management welcomes Kylee Menjivar who joins their expanding account coordinating team. Kylee comes to the organization with a degree in business administration from the University of Nevada. Her organizational strengths and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment makes Kylee the perfect person to take on the many responsibilities this position oversees when ensuring success to Momentum’s exhibit house partners.
Employco Provides Vaccine HR Insights. COVID-19 vaccinations are a highly contentious topic in America. Many U.S. adults still haven’t gotten the shot despite the Food and Drug Administration’s recent (FDA) full approval of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. This reluctance is seen as a problem by health experts, who contest that vaccination is the most effective way to control the widespread coronavirus Delta variant. It’s also a problem for employers wishing to maintain uninterrupted operations and to keep employees healthy.
So, if an employer wants a vaccinated workforce but is dealing with vaccine skepticism, what are their options? Employco USA has created an HR Insights article that explores this complicated situation and discusses the multitude of choices facing employers. The article includes information on :
- The case against mandating vaccines
- What are companies doing?
- Incentives and penalties in action
- Legal considerations related to mandates, incentives and surcharges
- Strategies for employers
You can read the HR Insights article by clicking the following link: COVID-19 Vaccine Surcharges, Mandates and Incentives.
Winter Fancy Foods Moves to Las Vegas <Exhibit City News> The Specialty Food Association (SFA) is relocating the 2022 Winter Fancy Food Show to the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) from the Moscone Center in San Francisco. Running February 6 – 8, the show will feature specialty food and beverages from domestic and international exhibitors, as well as special events and educational programming.
Caitlyn Correia Promoted to President of BlueHive <Exhibit City News> As BlueHive Exhibits closes in on its 17th year, the next generation of family is poised to take the helm of the Group. BlueHive is thrilled to announce the promotion of Caitlyn Correia to president of BlueHive Group and BlueHive Exhibits.
As the third generation of a professional tradeshow family, Correia has been in the industry all her life. Correia was first exposed to the exhibit industry at a young age and continued to learn about and work in the family company during summer vacations. A graduate of Endicott College with a BS in sports management and an MBA, she officially joined BlueHive Exhibits in 2013 to pursue her passions for working with people and brands and bringing conceptual ideas and design to life with tangible experiences and events.
MGM Acquires Cosmopolitan to Expand Las Vegas Footprint <TSNN> MGM Resorts Internationalhas entered into a definitive agreement with New York-based private equity behemoth Blackstone Group to acquire the casino and hotel operating rights of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas for just over $1.6 billion.
Announced Sept. 27, the deal coincides with Blackstone’s sale of the 3,032-room Strip resort to a group of buyers for about $5.6 billion, nearly tripling its investment in the Strip property seven years after acquiring it from Deutsche Bank for just over $1.7 billion and spending $500 million on capital improvements.