EACA Celebrates 25th Anniversary
REDMOND, OR (January 23, 2023) – The Exhibitor Appointed Contractors Association (EACA) is celebrating its 25th Anniversary as a trade show industry not-for-profit association in 2023. The EACA held its first ever meeting at Chicago’s McCormick Place on May 8, 1998 and dedicated itself to “raise the level of service excellence on the showfloor.”
“It’s hard to believe that it’s been 25 years since the association began,” said Ben Power, VP at Nth Degree and EACA President. “And yet when we take stock of how much the association accomplished in that time it’s clear that the EACA has made its mark.” And, Power continued, “that is most evident by the fact that the EAC community now has a well-established reputation and representation among the other stakeholders in our industry on issues that affect our future – and the future of our industry.”
The EACA has been a service driven association from its inception and counts a number of industry firsts among its initiatives. These accomplishments include:
- The industry’s first Code of Conduct & Ethics for its members. The EACA spells out in no uncertain terms the responsibilities associated with doing business in the trade show industry – and holds its members to those standards.
- The industry’s first emailed newsletter, The Showfloor Buzz, which recently published its 1,000th edition.
- Online registration for EACs, which allows a show’s exhibitors to make their EAC selection online. At that point the EACA is responsible for collecting the necessary paperwork and doing the vetting required for the EAC to be credentialed to access the showfloor.
- The industry’s first national Customer Service Training program for show floor workers. This 16-hour program provides participants with CEU credits for successful completion.
- The industry’s most comprehensive web site for show floor logistics. The EACA web site receives more than 15,000 visits per month from exhibitors looking for exhibit services solutions and service providers.
The EACA’s 25th Anniversary will bring about a special celebration at ExhibitorLive in Louisville, KY (April 23-27, 2023 at the Kentucky International Convention Center). There will be a 25th Anniversary Celebration Reception on Monday, April 24 from 3:15pm to 5:15pm in Room L013 where the association will recognize all its Past Presidents, and all those companies who have been members for 25 years.
In addition, EACA will be distributing its 25th Anniversary Directory to all in attendance to chronicle the initiatives and accomplishments of the past 25 years and to celebrate its members.
The Exhibitor Appointed Contractors Association (EACA) is the tradeshow industry’s only association that is solely dedicated to “raising the level of service excellence on the showfloor.” The EACA represents and supports the interests of those exhibitor appointed contractors and other exhibit services organizations that service customers on the tradeshow floor. The association is currently comprised of more than 200 member companies representing more than 12,500 full time trade show professionals, and more than 50,000 part time trade show workers. The association is headquartered in Redmond, Oregon.
4879 SW Zenith Ave
Redmond, OR 97756
E. [email protected]
# # #